Faith Formation Programmes
To focus on building & strengthening the basic foundations of the Catholic faith, among Parishioners, Ministries & Apostolates and even our visitors.
The Faith Formation Pillar was established following the 2015 Parish Assembly. It oversees a curricula of programmes aimed at exploring & deepening the knowledge of our Catholic faith in the intellectual, spiritual and pastoral perspectives.
Faith formation kicks-starts the process of Discipleship formation. As Archbishop William Goh has aptly put it, "Believe what you learn; teach what you believe; practice what you teach."* The more one understands the beauty of the Word of God and the richness of the Catholic traditions, the more one appreciates the faith and will be led to living it with a deeper conviction.
Our programmes include:
- Bible TimeLine: discovering the narrative of the Bible and our own Salvation history within
- Symbolon: understanding the ABCs of Catholicism
- Biblical Walk through the Mass: appreciating the wonder of every Eucharistic celebration
- 33 Days to Morning Glory: preparing for Marian Consecration by journeying with four great saints
- Consoling the Heart of Jesus: responding to the thirst of Christ with the spiritual exercises of St Ignatius and the teachings of St Faustina Kowlaska
- 33 Days to Merciful Love: consecrate oneself to Divine Mercy by journeying into the heart of St. Thérèse of Lisieux’s Little Way
Formed.org: Access very best Catholic content in the form of online bible study-programs, movies, e-books, audio books, youth and children’s programs direct to one’s browser, mobile or connected device.
There is also the Annual Parish Retreat with the hope of providing a conversion experience.
*At the Bible Symposium, in March 2016.
"THE BIBLE TIMELINE PROGRAMME HAS BEEN AMAZING. I EXPERIENCED GOD BEING TRULY ALIVE, AND NOW SEE HOW I AM INVOLVED IN HIS SALVATION PLAN”
"The Bible Timeline programme has been amazing. I experienced God being truly alive, and now see how I am involved in His salvation plan. I am no longer a heap of dry bones, but alive!"
- Sharon Tay, participant
"Symbolon has created a greater awareness of the Catholic faith for me, and made me realise what it takes to be a disciple of Jesus. I have enjoyed the small group discussion: it is a real blessing to have! The members are open and sincere, and we have developed a great relationship within a relatively short time. I hope we can further grow this fellowship in the years to come!"
- Andrea Ong, participant