Society of St Vincent de Paul
To seek the love of God through serving the poor and the needy.
To alleviate the plight of the underprivileged through financial aid and rations distribution as well as via home visits.
The Society of St Vincent de Paul (SSVP) is an International Organization with its H.Q. in Paris. Today, the society has become a global community of over 880,000 members with a universal society of 47,600 conferences, with men & women of all ages & conditions across 132 countries in five continents.
Here in Singapore, the SSVP QOP (Queen of Peace) Conference, serves its Friends in Need (FiNs) living within the East district boundary of the parish. Besides visiting their homes and providing them with financial aid, members hold Family Day outings and Christmas Parties for these Friends. SSVP members also organize an annual Mass for the Sick in the parish. We are also actively involved in various fundraising activities for the poor. The society meets on two Sundays per month at 10.30am in the St. Carlo's Room.
Activities for our Friends-in-Need (FiNs):
- Home visits to provide fellowship & companionship
- Financial assistance
- Tuition & Bursary awards for students
- Outings & Christmas parties
- Provision of advocacy and referrals to the various government agencies and other aid-assistance groups
- Support the Catholic Aged Homes and Hospices
- Twinning for overseas conferences in need
Activities for Vincentians:
- Spiritual retreats
- Vincentian fellowship activities
- Feast Day celebrations